Dienstag, 8. März 2011

Walking

One of the first things that my sister told me when I started running is that "you will see more of world". I didn't think of it that much until I started seriously running. I ran all over the place. When I started college running was something I did to relieve stress. It also took me all over the town and into places I never would have seen had I not been running. The same goes for walking and you can walk in more places. I found streets and paths and landmarks that no one else knew about (or at least I pretended they were only mine).
I have started the same thing here in Germany. I am running and walking in every direction and finding some wonderful sights. Today I walked for an hour and a half in a direction I had never been before. I walked out of the park and onto a different path. I hiked up a hill and found myself looking out at a flat expanse of field (most likely used for growing large quantities of vegetables). A dirt path lay to my left. I took it. I didn't think about where it went, I just took it. I walked through fields high up above the city. The sun was low in the sky and it warmed my entire body, unshaded by trees. I waved at drivers from a bridge over the Autobahn (something I love to do at home). I walked through more fields and saw views that took my breath away. Small villages dotted the hills with fields in between. I walked up an old dirt road that passed directly next to a cute farm house. It was liberating. It is liberating to know that no matter how things are here at home I can always walk somewhere else for a little bit.
I know this is a short post. I just don't have anything thing else to write about right now except how much I love walking and running. Not only are the views incredible, you get to see lots of other healthy people doing the same stuff and that is inspiring in itself.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen